On Monday, 2nd August, we were still waiting and planning to migrate to Australia sometime in 2011. By Thursday of that same week New Zealand was a real possibility...for October.
Monday
I was referred to a person in New Zealand who was looking for a few SQL Database Administrators. I prepared my cover letter, checked my CV, and sent it all off to this person not expecting a response. This had been the case many times before, so we really didn't think anything of it.
Tuesday
A response! And a good one at that! The person from New Zealand wanted to contact me telephonically as well! This was totally unexpected. I quickly responded with my details and waited in anticipation all day (well at least until such time that I realised it was midnight in New Zealand and that it was highly unlikely a phone call would be made now).
Wednesday
Andrew from Datacom phoned for an informal interview and it went extremely well. He was going to get his technical team to formulate some questions for me to test my technical skills. This was getting unreal for Lisa and I now.
New Zealand started looking like a real possibility (again). If I could pass the technical interview and a job offer was made, this would be the golden ticket we had always wanted since thinking of emigration.
Thursday
Andrew phoned again for the technical interview and he was happy with the way I had answered the questions. Within minutes of concluding the phone call, I received an official job offer in my mailbox!
Holy crap!
Friday
After officially accepting the job offer, and performing some intensive research, Lisa and I are gearing towards New Zealand!
No comments:
Post a Comment