Everyday since the job offer I have wanted to write a post but there is just so much going on in my head that I am just not sure where to even begin.It all just feels like a dream and I am still not sure that the reality of the situation has truly set in.
Terence is so excited about going and I so want to share in that excitement but all I can think about is all the documents we need to get sorted, our possessions that need to be sold,policies that need to be canceled and of course all the usual daily chores that need to be done. Once all these thoughts have finally swum through my mind I find myself getting a little spark of excitement at the thought of a new place with new experiences and opportunities but as with all the other thoughts this one too swims past and I am left thinking about how I will be here on my own while Terence is 11 800 kilometers away. I realise it is only temporary but not knowing exactly how temporary makes it that much harder.
With only 6 weeks left before he leaves I am finding it harder to banish these thoughts and am growing more and more anxious by the day. Will I cope with selling the house? Will I be able to be a good enough mother 24/7 without the help of my right hand man? Who will give me a hug or a shoulder to cry on when things get too much?
I guess only time will tell but in the meantime the countdown begins. 6 weeks and counting!!
No comments:
Post a Comment