So it seems things have been delayed. Not what we were hoping for but at the same time not much we can do about it either.
4 Weeks ago we did our medicals, rounded up all the relevant paper work and then I headed to the New Zealand High Commission to hand it all in. As I handed all the paper work over I got really nervous. I kept going over all the documents in my mind hoping that I hadn't left anything at home and praying hard that they wouldn't instantly decline the applications. I handed the papers over and waited with baited breath as they checked them. No comments were made and all seemed fine. I was handed a receipt and a document detailing our case number, I thanked the woman behind the counter and left. It was only once I was in the car that I read the attached document properly and saw that they required further information regarding Terence's hearing aids. I wasn't too concerned, I figured that once they had the report they would see that there was no major medical intervention required and the work permit would be issued and we would be well on our way.
Its been 3 weeks since we handed over the report and we still don't have the work permit. The application was referred to the medical assessor and it is his final judgment that we are waiting for. Until he gives the all clear the work permit cannot be issued.
This has left us all feeling very disappointed and a little despondent. We now have to reschedule the flight and just hope that by the time we hit the next departure date that we have the work permit in our hands.
No comments:
Post a Comment