12/04/2010

Frustrations

Its been a month since Terence left for Wellington and it has been an extremely exhausting and frustrating month. While he has been in NZ setting up a home and working I have been left behind to deal with closing up all our accounts and packing up the house.

I knew I would hit some snags but never in a million years did I think that I would have problems with almost everything. Firstly packing up the house was no easy task. I had to sift through all our possessions and decide what to take and what to leave. Then began the arduous task of cleaning everything so that it was up to immigration standards. Finally moving day came and Kings International arrived with their team and set to work. After the first day all was looking good. They had packed 90% of the house in under 5 hours. It was so amazing to see! Day 2 of the packing came and this was the day the container was delivered. This is where problem 1 started. The container had a HOLE in it!!! So the packer in charge called head office and had them call the container company to deliver a new container, preferably one without holes.
The packing was completed and the inventory done and we sat waiting, waiting, waiting. We finally ended the day at 4pm, after thinking we would have been done and dusted by 12 noon.

Then I hit a snag with selling Terence's car. A process that should have taken a couple of weeks max, ended up taking 5 weeks as the finance company the buyer used was so useless. Because of that I had to lend money to pay the container company ;-/

So after 2 frustrating incidents I figured it would be smooth sailing from here on out. But how wrong I was. I had a fight with Telkom, Virgin Money, MFC and one or two other companies. I felt like I was living in an episode of Days of Our Lives.

But now all is sorted and tickets are booked and Gabriel and I leave for Wellington next week Wednesday (8 December). The excitement levels are through the roof and we both cant wait to have our little family reunited.

Despite all the frustrations I am certain it will have all been worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment